Thursday, July 13, 2017

Summer Fun Layout

Happy Thursday! It's in the middle of summer here and it's been very hot so far this summer, but I am not complaining as the winters here are so long. Today I thought I would share another summer layout that I created with the gorgeous July Creative Kit at My Creative Scrapbook.


Scrapbooking to me should be fun and for this layout, I wanted to create some movement on the layout and make it more playful. 

I grabbed one of my dinner plates to use as a circle template and the border strip paper from the kit and traced out a circle with a pencil and then cut the paper strips apart.  I added some to the bottom left corner of the layout and the top right corner of the layout and machine stitched them down onto the white cardstock background.


I matted the photos onto the yellow and white polka dot paper


and added the chipboard yellow swimsuit and the "summer memories" sticker and "arrow" sticker in between the two photos to separate the photos and to draw the eye to the clustered title to the right of the photos.



From the ephemera pack in the July Creative Kit, I added the sun circle and layered it with the "summer" and "fun" chipboard pieces to complete the clustered embellishment title. I added a swimsuit chipboard piece to the right of the title.


The cute chipboard frames were combined and I clustered the "flamingo" chipboard piece to the right of the chipboard frames and added the "soak up the sun" chipboard piece to the bottom of the frames. I love to cluster embellishments and give the title more of a wow factor.


Finally, I sprinkled some tiny round ephemera pieces and round chipboard embellishments around the layout.


As you can see, I wanted to draw the eye from the bottom left corner of the layout upwards to the photos and then over to the top right hand corner of the page and then downwards to the title.

Feast your eyes on the beautiful July Creative Kit.


It is full of gorgeous papers, ephemera, stickers and chipboard stickers from the new Echo Park Summer Dreams line. I love the colors to this line. They are so bright and happy. 

Be sure and check out all the beautifully designed kits that My Creative Scrapbook puts together each and every month. There will surely be a kit that is perfect for you and your particular paper crafting style as they are all so different and jam packed with the latest and greatest papers and embellishments in the paper crafting industry.

Enjoy your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment