Tuesday, November 7, 2017

The Mountains Are Calling And I Must Go


Happy Tuesday! Today I wanted to share a photo that I captured this morning of one of my favorite places on earth. 

It has been so hectic lately and my husband knew after my surgery, that it was time to get away. The mountains were calling and we must go. What a nice surprise and getaway for my upcoming birthday! I wanted to be sure to bring my camera gear that I have had stashed away since I got my Iphone 7+.  It takes awesome photos, but there is still something to be said about the good old DSLR camera. I was determined to dust it off and capture some of the beautiful scenery that surrounds me. 

This is a photo of Mount Lawrence Grassi that is in the background of the town of Canmore. I captured this photo at sunrise this morning. It is a cold, snowy November day, but that doesn't stop me. Ski season will be upon this area soon and it gets me in the Christmas spirit. I just might have to check out the shops and do some Christmas shopping. 

When I was a child, I camped in this area probably at least one hundred times. It is my old stomping grounds where I went up and down the cutlines with my dirt motorcycle, played hide and go seek at night with my brothers and camping friends and watched the stars. 

My family had dirt motorcycles and an RV and it seemed like almost every weekend from March to October, we would head out to the mountains near our home and camp. Canmore was a very small town when I was a child, but now it is a bustling town with shops, restaurants and hotels and some of the best cross-country skiing and downhill skiing in the world. I love where I live. 

Usually I share my paper crafting projects, but my other passion is photographing the mountains and wildlife. Now off to go for a hike and see if my husband and I spot some wildlife. 

Have a beautiful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment